Authorities have apprehended two men in connection with the deaths of two people who were shot outside a Meek Mill concert in Connecticut in 2016, the Associated Press reports.
On Monday, the police shared that 23-year-old Kyle Hampton and 33-year-old Tivon Edwards have been charged with first-degree manslaughter, among other charges. Hampton’s bail was set for $1 million, and is set to have a court date on July 31, while Edwards will be arraigned on Monday. Court records didn’t reflect that either men have attorneys.
On Dec. 30, 2016, Travis Ward and Jaquan Graves were shot in the Oakdale Theatre parking lot following Meek’s performance at the Connecticut venue. Two others were injured in the gunfire.
Police previously said Meek didn’t appear to be connected to the shooting. However, last May, Ward’s family filed a lawsuit against Meek and the venue, claiming they were responsible for the deadly events of that night.
“With song titles like ‘Body Count’ and ‘Oh Kill ‘Em’ [sic] that praise indiscriminate killing and mayhem, the potential for tragic incidents like this should have been properly anticipated and planned for by Meek Mill, his concert promoters and the Oakdale Theatre,” the family’s attorney, Joel Faxon, said at the time.
Source: Complex News