A man got his penis stuck inside the neck of a plastic bottle for two months.
According to The Daily Mail, the 45-year-old unidentified man, from Nepal, had to be freed from the bottle with cable wire cutters after he came to hospital.
Medics at the Koirala Institute of Health Sciences said his penis had become extremely swollen due to a lack of blood flow and the patient was on the verge of suffering long-lasting damage.
But the man would not reveal why he did it and never came back in for a follow-up, so doctors do not know how well he recovered.
Writing in the International Journal of Surgery Case Reports, they said:
“Entrapment or strangulation of the penis is a rare emergency situation that necessitates urgent treatment for decompression of the penis.
“The gross appearance of the penis showed edema and proliferative growths. He was intervened with a cable wire cutter as standard instrument failed to do so.”
They added that doing so is common in people with “mental disorders” and that “the shame felt by patients is the root cause for late surgical consultation”, meaning they are “prone to develop complications”. They added that they had consent to report on the case from the man, who suffers with depression.
They said: “Strangulation of the penis is often found in psychiatric patients who pursued to improve their sexual performance by prolonging the duration of erection or as part of autoerotic games.”
If that doesn’t make you wince, we don’t know what will. We wish him a speedy recovery.